AWO Digital File Requirements
- AWO prefers composite PDF files built to their trim size and include bleed if necessary. If you are not familiar with creating PDF’s you can call us at 760-727-1700 and ask for the Prepress department. Or you may provide your application files. AWO accepts file for both Mac and PC. AWO does not accept Microsoft Word or Publisher documents, however if you can create an acceptable PDF from either of those programs then AWO would accept them. If you choose to provide your application files then AWO requires that all links and fonts are included with the job. Click here on step by step instructions on how to create a high quality PDF.
- Please include updated proofs with your job at 100% if possible. If you can not provide 100% proofs please indicate at what percent they were output.
- Please build pages to quoted trim size and as single pages. Save your file as single pages. (not as printer spreads) Registration and trim marks are not required. AWO uses imposition software that will take care of all the stripping. Please convert all RGB images to CMYK. All B&W pages should have all images converted to grayscale. On digital cameras, the default is set to RGB color @ 72 dpi. If you have questions please contact your sales representative.
- AWO requires a .25 bleed (if needed) and a .375″ or .5″ margin from the edge of trim to insure that type and graphics are not trimmed or folded. Please ask your sales representative which margin your publication requires, it is dependent on your final trim size. Examples are available upon request.
- We recommend that your image files are provided at 300 dpi, CMYK images or 200 dpi, grayscale. If you are using Illustrator or Freehand please flatten your files and outline all fonts before saving your file.
- Please do not use menu styles within Quark or InDesign.
- Please maintain a complete a backup of all your working files while your job is in production at AWO.
Transferring to AWO
- Acceptable forms of media for transfer of files are: CD, DVD, Flash Drive, or FTP.
- If you are transferring via CD or DVD please confirm your written CD/DVD is complete.
- If uploading to our FTP, please contact the Prepress department to obtain the transfer password and user ID. 760-727-1700 ask for graphics. After hours 760-727-4278. Or email us at email@example.com.
- Before transferring via our FTP, all files must be put into one folder, you will need to stuff or zip the folder.
- Please name your stuffed or zipped file with your job name or some type of description of what is being sent. DO NOT USE slashes or any special characters in your description (/ \ ! @ #$%^&*).